We are currently recruiting for Support Workers to support an active tetraplegic gentleman, paralysed from the waist down and with reduced upper limb function. This gentleman also has an acquired brain injury which has reduced his sight and memory. This gentleman lives in his family home in the Marlborough area. He has a wonderful sense of humour.
About the role:
- You will support this gentleman in all aspects of daily living, which will include personal care, bowel management and catheter care. You will also assist with passive exercises.
- You will provide support in social activities and interests, including attending therapies such as hydrotherapy and going to the gym.
- You will be prepared to accompany this gentleman on holidays.
- Assisting with domestic duties ensuring a clean & tidy home. You will also prepare and cook meals for this gentleman. Assistance with the shopping and also light gardening duties will be required.
- Assistance with pet care for the family dog including dog walking with this gentleman.
Shift Pattern: Working a combination of the following shifts on a rota basis;
- Day hours: 0700–1900 and 1000–2200.
- Waking night hours: 2100–0700
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility and ability to cover for others in the team is essential to the role.
- Part-time hours must be for a minimum of 24 hours per week.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay (pro rata), Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Personal Development Opportunities
- We are seeking individuals with excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- You must be reliable, flexible and trustworthy. You will have the ability to multi-task.
- An individual who can motivate and promote independence.
- An individual that enjoys the outdoors. You must also like and be comfortable around dogs.
- You must hold a full driving licence, and be a confident driver.
- Previous care experience is preferred but not essential, as full specialist training is provided throughout your employment.
- Please Note: This is a non-smoking environment
About Us: TCC provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 31 January 2020
To apply or to request further details please telephone 01858 469790 or email email@example.com quoting reference MMARF for further information and an application form. Alternatively you can apply online by clicking the button below: