We have an opportunity for support workers/carers to join an established, specialist care team. You would be required to work with a gentleman who has a complex neurological condition called Murrey Valley Encephalitis. This has resulted in this gentleman having a Tracheostomy and being Ventilator dependent. He is wheel chair dependant and also has medication controlled diabetes. He lives in his family home in the Northampton area.
- All aspects of personal care will be required; along with medication administration, PEG feed, and use of respiratory equipment. There is a high level of clinical care required.
- You will support the gentleman on social outings, attending therapies (both external and in the home), and on holidays.
- Assistance with domestic tasks in the home.
- The right candidate must be reliable, honest and flexible and work well within a team.
- You will have good communication skills.
- You will be a motivated individual who would happily take this gentleman to the local football and out on social events.
- A good sense of humour is essential.
- You must have a full manual driving licence, and be willing to drive the gentleman’s own vehicle. You must also be a confident driver.
- Previous experience of working in care would be advantageous but is not essential. Full specialist training will be provided
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Specialist Training
- 12 hour day shifts (0700 to 1900) to include every other weekend.
- Day shift + Sleepover 0700-1900 & 1900-2100 + sleepover 2100-0700
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential
Part-time hours are for a minimum of 24 hours per week.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 5 February 2021