We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join a specialist care team. You would be required to work with a lady with a Spinal Cord Injury who is living in her own home in the Bodmin area.
- All aspects of personal care will be required, along with ventilator and tracheostomy care.
- Providing support and assistance in social outings, appointments, business seminars, business marketing courses and online craft business.
- You will be required to assist with food preparation and domestic tasks
- You will also be required to provide pet care to the lady’s two dogs and cat
- The lady plans to take occasional trips away for 2-5 days, and the role would involve accompanying her on these trips as part of a team on a rota basis.
- We are looking for candidates who are flexible, reliable, trustworthy, outgoing and enthusiastic with a good sense of humour. Good timekeeping is essential
- You will enjoy crafts and assisting with an online craft business – attending fayres and business meetings. An interest in crystals and creative workshops would be beneficial.
- You will be creative, use your own initiative and be proactive
- A full, manual driving licence is required and you must be confident to drive the lady’s own vehicle
- Previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as you will be provided with specialist training in all areas
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay (pro rata), Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Personal Development Opportunities
- Combination of Day shifts – 08:00-20:00/08:00-22:00
- Waking nights – 20:00-08:00
- Day Shift + Sleepover – 08:00-22:00 Day + 22:00-08:00 S/O
- There are two people on shift at all times.
- Part-time hours are 24 hours per week.
- In times of annual leave and sickness the team must be willing to cover other shift patterns, and therefore flexibility is essential
- You will be joining a team who are providing 24/7 support on a rota basis, including weekend and bank holiday working
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 26 January 2021