We have an exciting opportunity for full time & part-time Support Worker/ Carer to join an established specialist care team. You will be supporting a motivated and sociable gentleman who has a high level spinal cord injury and an acquired brain injury. He lives with his wife in the Ingleby Barwick area.
- Assist with all aspects of personal care, including bowel regime, PEG feed and respiratory care (tracheostomy and cough assist).
- Assist with therapies such as passive stretches, physio and hand massage.
- Accompany the gentleman to appointments and social activities.
- Provide domestic tasks within the gentleman’s living area.
- The right candidates will be enthusiastic, reliable, trustworthy and committed.
- You will be a good team player and be respectful of the family home.
- A driving licence would be preferred and you should be willing to drive the gentleman’s own automatic, wheelchair accessible vehicle.
- Previous experience of working in care is essential and experience with Spinal Injury would be desirable but not essential.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay (pro rata), Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Personal Development Opportunities
- Day Shifts – 08.00–20.00 & 08.00-22.00
- Sleepover – 22.00-08.00
- Waking Night Shifts – 20.00-08.00
- Part Time is for 24hrs per week.
- You will be working within a team providing support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays. Shifts are allocated on a rota basis and you must be flexible to work any shift for both the full & part time positions.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 11 March 2021